Other public health initiatives
CPHE has been involved with a wide range of other public health initiatives strengthening socio-epidemiological aspects and promoting a equity, right, gender and social determinants perspective in public health.
Exploring socio epidemiology
- Sir Dorabji Tata Centre for Research in Tropical Diseases, Bangalore
CPHE has been exploring socio epidemiology in the annual symposia on various major health challenges in India
- Malaria (2000)
- Acute respiratory infections (2003)
- Towards a social vaccine: Research challenges on the social determinants of HIV-AIDS – Panel discussion (2006)
- Health, development, agriculture, environment: New linkages and new paradigms – The challenge of arboviruses in India (2007)
- H.M. Patel Memorial Oration
Dr. Ravi Narayan delivered an oration in November 2007 on Globalization of Health From Below: Lessons for Medical Education and Health Care. The H.M. Patel Memorial Oration is organised by the Charutar Arogya Mandal of Gujarat at Pramukswami Medical College, (PMC) in Karamsad in Gujarat.
- The N.H. Antia Memorial Lecture
Dr. Ravi Narayan delivered the first memorial lecture on Public Health in the 21st Century: towards a people’s health paradigm. The lecture was organized by People’s Health Movement – Tamil Nadu (Makkal Nalavazhvu Iyakkam) and the India Health front in February 2008.
Promoting new public health in current journals
- British Medical Journal advisory group
Dr. Ravi Narayan is a member of the international advisory group of the British Medical Journal and a speciality advisor on public health since 2007.
- Lancet India Series
Dr. Thelma Narayan is a member of the advisory group that is evolving the special 2009 India series of the Lancet on universal health care.
- Health Action special issues
- December 2008
- August 2009