Activities Update from MP-CHFP October 5, 2010Posted by junedkamal in Uncategorized.
The formal inauguration of the Resource Center for Public Health SOCHARA-CPHE was organized on 29th October 2009 followed by the organizational partners meeting at Pastoral Center Bhopal. This meeting was participated by 25 participants. These participants comprised of organizations, academicians, media people. Advisory group member Dr.Ajay Khare-Convenor Jan Swasthya Andolan, Ms.Renu khanna from SAHAJ Baroda, Dr.Shivchander Mathur-Director State Health System Resource Center Jaipur were part of the meeting too.
The organizational partners meeting was organized on 29th October 2009. A total of 21 people attended the Consultation on Mentoring Community Health Fellows’ under the Community Health Fellowship Programme in Madhya Pradesh (MP- CHFP). The participants were from civil society organizations working in health care and development issues. The participants discussed on the roles, responsibilities and terms & conditions of hosting Community health fellows at the field projects.
During the open discussion on whole programme for collective action the suggestions included –
- Need to work on the corruption issues within the health systems
- Looking at the work culture of NGO’s and fellows are encouraged to look from 3 dimensions – Community, NGO and System
- Looking at mentoring aspect critically and crucially.
- Locate the mentor and orientation of mentor on theoretical aspects for more clarity.
- Develop action research plan on 20 different thematic areas.
- To have a common minimum programme approach where in there will be a minimum guarantee on basic aspects for hosting a fellow this has to be evolved through discussion.
- Collection of governance report from the partner institutes